SHIPPING AND ORDERING POLICIES
- To preserve freshness and avoid subjecting macarons to improper temperatures, we only the ship the macarons using USPS priority mail and priority mail express options (so the macarons should arrive in 1-3 days). We ship the macarons securely with ice to keep them in good condition–please make sure that you are available to accept the shipment when it is scheduled to arrive (it may arrive in a mailbox or at your front door) so that the macarons do not sit out for several hours (we send you a tracking number with detailed tracking notifications to help you out!). Poeme Macarons is not responsible for improper care by the customer once the package has been delivered, or for improper handling by the shipping carrier.
- Macarons shipped with USPS Priority Mail will only be shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays (barring mail holidays), to ensure the macarons have enough time to reach the destination before being held up over the weekend (macarons need to be fresh & cool). Express (1-2 day shipping) orders can be shipped Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday; we recommend this option if you need your order quickly and/or if temperatures in your area are expected to reach above 75 degrees.
We charge a flat-rate on all shipping orders. Rates are as follows:
USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping)–$18
USPS Priority Mail Express (1-2 day shipping, this is a guaranteed service)–$55
- Orders placed throughout the week for priority mail shipping will ship (by the latest) on Monday or Tuesday the following week (orders can be placed until Sunday, for shipping the upcoming Monday or Tuesday). Express orders can be shipped the same week they are ordered, if placed by 4pm (MST) on Monday. If you are in need of more expedited shipping options, please Contact Us and we will get back to you as soon as possible with potential options.
- If you do not select the Express shipping option, and temperatures in your area reach above 75 degrees, your order will NOT be eligible for refund under any circumstances, as macarons can melt (even with ice) if they sit several days in warm temperatures. We highly recommend choosing the express shipping option if you live in a hot area.
- Continental U.S. shipping is seasonal to avoid overly-warm summer temperatures (with shipping available from November 1st-April 1st).
- Upon receiving your macaron shipment, please refrigerate or freeze the macarons that you do not intend to eat right away or macarons that have softened too much. Macarons should be eaten at room temperature.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, AND DAMAGED ORDERS: