SHIPPING AND ORDERING POLICIES
- Our online macaron shop is kept fully-stocked with all the flavor selections available, so our turnaround time is very short for our delicious, handcrafted French macarons. However, because we are a small business (that is rapidly growing with a busy delivery schedule), we ask that you place orders a minimum of one day before you need the macarons so that we can fully accommodate your preferred delivery or pick-up time. We can often do same-day deliveries with any of our box or flavor options, but we cannot guarantee this service. If you plan to order more than one dozen of any flavor (this is just per flavor, not for the total amount you plan to order), we recommend placing the order three days in advance to guarantee timely delivery or pick-up. For orders over 200 macarons, we require a three-day minimum notice. If you are unsure if we will be able to do a last-minute order, please call us at 970-232-0951 and we will try to make it happen!
- If you would like to place a custom order (for custom sizes/flavors/colors/etc.), an event/bulk order, a wholesale order, a nut-free/dairy-free/vegan/allergy-friendly order, or any other order that you cannot find through our shop, please call us at 970-232-0951 or use our Contact Form and we will get back to you within 24 hours (we’re often much quicker, though!).
- To preserve freshness and avoid subjecting macarons to improper temperatures, we only the ship the macarons using USPS priority mail and priority mail express options (so the macarons should arrive in 1-3 days). We ship the macarons securely with ice to keep them in good condition–please make sure that you are available to accept the shipment when it is scheduled to arrive (it may arrive in a mailbox or at your front door) so that the macarons do not sit out for several hours (we send you a tracking number with detailed tracking notifications to help you out!). Poeme Macarons is not responsible for improper care by the customer once the package has been delivered, or for improper handling by the shipping carrier.
- Macarons shipped with USPS Priority Mail will only be shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays (barring mail holidays), to ensure the macarons have enough time to reach the destination before being held up over the weekend (macarons need to be fresh & cool). Express (1-2 day shipping) orders can be shipped Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday; we recommend this option if you need your order quickly/if temperatures in your area are expected to reach above 75 degrees.
We charge a flat-rate on all shipping orders. Rates are as follows:
USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping)–$18
USPS Priority Mail Express (1-2 day shipping, this is a guaranteed service)–$55
- Orders placed throughout the week for priority mail shipping will ship (by the latest) on Monday or Tuesday the following week (orders can be placed until Sunday, for shipping the upcoming Monday or Tuesday). Express orders can be shipped the same week they are ordered, if placed by 4pm (MST) on Monday. If you are in need of more expedited shipping options, please Contact Us and we will get back to you as soon as possible with potential options.
- If you do not select the Express shipping option, and temperatures in your area reach above 75 degrees, your order will NOT be eligible for refund under any circumstances, as macarons can melt (even with ice) if they sit several days in warm temperatures. We highly recommend choosing the express shipping option if you live in a hot area.
- Continental U.S. shipping is seasonal to avoid overly-warm summer temperatures (with shipping available from November 1st-April 1st).
- Upon receiving your macaron shipment, please refrigerate or freeze the macarons that you do not intend to eat right away or macarons that have softened too much. Macarons should be eaten at room temperature.
DELIVERY AND PICK-UP:
- If placing an order through our online shop for pick-up or delivery, or through our Contact Form, Poeme Macarons will reach out to you within 24 hours to schedule a delivery or pick-up time.
- Delivery is offered for locations in a radius approximately 75 miles around Fort Collins, and we offer pick-up in North Longmont and Southeast Fort Collins (we do not have a retail storefront yet; pick-ups are by appointment only). Poeme Macarons will reach out to you after your order has been received to schedule you preferred delivery or pick-up time). Current delivery charges are as listed:
- Fort Collins: FREE Delivery
- Within 40 miles of Fort Collins: $5 Delivery Fee
- 41-75 miles of Fort Collins: $15 Delivery Fee
- If you would like an order delivered that is farther from our set radius (or to a Wyoming address), please contact us by phone (at 970-232-0951) or through our Contact Form with your delivery details and we will try to make it work for you! Delivery charges will vary depending upon your delivery location.
- *DOES NOT APPLY TO CONTACT-LESS DELIVERIES* If there is nobody there to receive the delivery within 15 minutes of the scheduled time or time window, Poeme Macarons will attempt to contact you once and reschedule the delivery; late delivery charges may apply. If we do not hear back from you within 24 hours, or if the second delivery attempt also fails, your order will be cancelled without refund. We want you to be able to enjoy your macarons–so please make sure to schedule your delivery times when you are available to receive them!
- If you are picking up the macarons and are not there within 15 minutes of the scheduled time or time window, we cannot guarantee that your order will be available for pick-up. An attempt will be made by Poeme Macarons to reschedule the pick-up order (subject to late charges), but if we do not hear back from you within 24 hours, or if the second pick-up attempt also fails, you order will be cancelled without refund.
- If a contact-less delivery or pick-up is scheduled, it is the customer’s obligation to make sure that the macarons are not left out for too long, as this can damage the macarons if temperatures are too high. Poeme Macarons will contact you to schedule your preferred delivery or pick-up date and time after receiving your order, and will provide notification upon delivery as well. Poeme is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen orders after they are out of our possession. We want you to be able to enjoy the macarons at their best–so please make sure you are available to receive the macarons at the delivery time!
- If you foresee any time or date changes prior to your delivery or pick-up, please call or text Poeme at 970-232-0951 and let us know if you need to reschedule the time. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to reschedule the time at your convenience, but we will try our best to work with you! Any rescheduling made on the day of delivery or pick-up may be subject to a late rescheduling fee.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, AND DAMAGED ORDERS:
- Because macarons are a perishable product, Poeme Macarons does not generally offer refunds or returns on completed orders. However, if you find any serious issues with the macarons upon receiving them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation of the issue and pictures showing the damage/issue attached (with no more than one macaron missing) the same date of receiving your order along with your order details and we will work with you to correct the problem! If we do not receive information/pictures about your order the same date of local delivery, shipping delivery, or pick-up, we will not offer any potential refund or credit.
- If your order was shipped, you may have some slight cracking (USPS can get a bit rough sometimes!), although we try our best to minimize damages with insulated bubble wrap and secure packaging. Don’t worry–they will still taste great! If you find that your macarons are seriously damaged, or have any other issues from shipping, please contact us at email@example.com with an explanation of the issue and pictures showing the damage/issue attached (with no more than one macaron missing) the same date of receiving your order along with your order details and we will work with you to correct the problem (please do not eat macarons that look seriously damaged or potentially spoiled for your safety)! If we do not receive information/pictures about your order the same date of local delivery, shipping delivery, or pick-up, we will not offer any potential refund or credit. Please remember that if temperatures in your area reach above 75 degrees and you have not selected the Express shipping option, your order will NOT be eligible for refund (as macarons can arrive in poor condition if subjected to high heat for multiple days; if your Express order arrives with serious issues, refunds can be available).
- Macarons are a temperature and time-sensitive product. We ask that you carefully read our care instructions that we provide with your order (or online here) to make sure the macarons are correctly stored and eaten once you receive them (these treats are truly little divas!). Please make sure that you are able to accept shipments or delivery when the macarons are expected to arrive so that they do not sit outside or in a mailbox for several hours (we provide detailed tracking with all shipping orders to help you here!). If you would like shipping orders to arrive on a particular date so that you can retrieve your shipment in a timely manner, please let us know in the order details. Please remember that shipped macarons cannot arrive on Sunday or Monday (we only ship Monday and Tuesday with priority mail, and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with Express mail). Poeme Macarons is not responsible for improper care or handling on the part of the customer or shipping carrier.
- Orders must be cancelled no less than 1 week prior to delivery or pick-up to receive a full refund. If the order is cancelled less than a week before delivery or pick-up, we will handle refunds on a case-by-case basis (it will depend on if production has started). Cancelled orders that are for shipping will receive refunds on a case-by-case basis (if the order has begun production, then it will generally not be eligible for refund). Of course, feel free to contact us if you are unsure if the cancelled order can be refunded and we will do our best to work with you.